Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews chapter 11 verse 1-3.

May the God of Abraham, Izaak and Jacob be glorified by sharing the message of Salvation on this website. May He reveal His entire truth to you as is written in the Bible! May He reveal His plan of Salvation to both the Jew and the gentile as is prophesied in romans 11. Hear O Israël, Yahweh is one, and you shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might (Deuteronomy 6:4). Jesus, the Son of God, said, "Hear O Israël, Yahweh our God, Yahweh is one (Mark 12:29-30)." There is no respector of persons with God. In Jesus we are one. May the Holy Spirit lead you into a deeper love relationship with Jesus! Jesus is of God but He's fully a man, and He was born to be our Saviour and our King.

donderdag 7 juli 2016

Freedom in Christ - Children according to the promise - JOY

I just read Galations. Such a good message about freedom in Christ! We are children according to the promise given to Abraham even BEFORE the law was given so we are justified by faith alone. We are not children of Hagar, the bondwoman. The law is not the way to salvation. When people put the law before grace and the promise given to Abraham, then we forget and nullify the grace we received through Jesus sacrifice on the cross, His death and ressurection. Jesus Christ being the Hope of Glory of every promise given by God and spoken through the prophets of old. 

The law (being a mirror) shows us that we have sinned and are in need of a Saviour so we are saved through faith by grace alone, not works. The commandments are holy, righteouss and good (romans 7:12) and His commandments are not burdensome (1 John 5:3) but they can become burdensome if people begin to feel they can please God by doing all sorts of things for Him, and then proudness can start to set in... No one can be justified by the law. If you break one of the commandments, you break them all! Therefore, we need grace. This grace helps us to love God by keeping His commandments and they are not burdensome. Not the other way around.

We have freedom and authority in Christ who sits at the right hand of God. For me personally this means that I am so glad that the Holy Spirit teaches me that I should not put a pricetag on myself because there is no price Yeshua did not pay. He helps me to renew my mind daily. 

In regard to the law, some may think I am legalistic because I go worship God on the seventh day sabbath (hebrews 4) but I know this is not because of legalism. I do it because I came to know Christ (He loved me first), being the only way to salvation. He is the Lord of the sabbath and His commandments are not burdensome. It is a delight to enter in His rest. I am free in Him and there are people who love God and want to follow Him in every denomination, whether being protestant, catholic, evangelical, messianic, etcetera. However, on my website I do warn against the commandments of God being changed by the Roman Catholic Church and to come out of Babylon and manmade traditions!

Also, in the letter to the galations Paul warns for people who infiltrate, preaching a different gospel, saying people need circumcision of the flesh. When we TURN the gospel upside down, that's when people are going to feel the pressure of being under the law. Paul warns agains those Judaizers bringing Christians back under the laws of Moses. This is the OLD COVENANT which is He has made obsolete; and that which is growing old and aging is near vanishing away (Hebrews 8:13).

The New Covenant is written on hearts of flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit. This does not mean that the ten commandments are not important. They are!!, but they are not written on a heart of stone any longer. In jeremiah, Ezekiel and Hebrews God promised that He would make a New Covenant and He changes not.

THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. Hebrews 8:10


Yesterday I heard a song about freedom and joy going hand in hand. I'd like to share this song:
Joy - HOUSEFIRES II (Featuring Tony Brown and Pat…: http://youtu.be/qQZWfbIJrGg

Drawn by Aline Kruijthoff

Drawn by Aline Kruijthoff

Books I recommend reading...

  • Our Hands Are Stained With Blood by Michael L. Brown